Welcome back, Cherry!
With Cherry Baker, Pilates & Pelvic Floor Expert
Cherry is back for a second time to the Preston area; her first visit in March 2017 was a sell out!
Cherry sets out to tackle these underreported and often taboo subjects with clinical evidence, information and a huge dose of humour.
A no holds-barred talk about pelvic floor with a 6-week Pelvic Floor programme for you.
Uptight & Outta Sight Pelvic Floor Seminar
Friday 28th July 2017, 7pm - Prosecco, 7.30pm start
Pelvic Floor Facts:
** 1 in 3 women and 1 in 10 men over the age of 18 experience pelvic floor issues
**A healthy pelvic floor can prevent involuntary urination, prevent haemorrhoids and prolapse
** Pelvic floor issues are the second most common reason for older adults having to go into into care homes.
Included: Prosecco, nibbles and a 6-week Pelvic Floor programme, and a whole load of laughs!
Bank Transfer: £25 Experience Wellness Limited
Please put ‘Uptight’ and your name in the reference box
Sort Code 09-06-66 Account: 42356193
or PayPal £27 (included £2 PayPal Fee) – please use this link:
Don’t become a statistic – get your pelvic floor working as well as it should!
Due to some anecdotes, this is unsuitable for anyone under 16
Cabus Village Hall
Lancaster Rd, Cabus,
Who’s That Girl…?
Cherry has been in the fitness and education arena for a long time… Think legwarmers, thongs and headbands!
Please read through her biography –
Cherry is one of the UK’s most popular and most sought after teacher, trainer and presenter. Teaching in the fitness arena for over 34 years, she is known as one of the industry’s leading veterans! Cherry is mum to three young ladies and when not lecturing and presenting around the country she can be found teaching at The Pilates Studio in Glossop.
Whilst Cherry has taught for many years she eventually wanted her own ‘base’. Here she could offer a better quality of service to her customers. Consequently together with husband John she opened The Pilates Studio in September 2002.
Cherry’s Awards and Qualifications Include:-
- Winner of Instructor of The Year Award 1994.
- YMCA Tutor of the year award 1995.
- Nominee for Fitness Leader of The Year Award 1999.
- Nominee for Fitness Professionals Award of Excellence. 2001.
- IFS International Lifetime Achievement Award for service to the fitness industry 2010
- Pure Energy European Select Presenter.
- AIM Advanced Instructor.
- Qualified D32 and D33 Assessor
- City and Guilds Teaching Qualification
- Level 3 Modern Pilates and CYQ Mat work
- Level 3 Ante and Postnatal exercise specialist.
- Level 4 Postural Stability Specialist
- OTARGO Older Adult and balance.
- Modern Pilates cert in back care and spinal conditions and exercise prescription
- Modern Pilates cert in hip and knee conditions and exercise prescription
- Modern Pilates cert in shoulder conditions and exercise prescription
Cherry had her first book published August 2004 with MQ publications.
The book ‘Total Core Strength….On the Ball’ describing the theory and practice of core stability exercises performed on a stability ball.
Cherry is the author of ‘Exercise & Pregnancy’ through publishers A & C Blacks. This is her second book which is now in it’s second edition
Cherry has been involved in teaching pre and postnatal exercise for over 26 years!
She has trained many teachers and midwives to become pre and postnatal exercise specialists and has worked with hundreds of mums throughout their pregnancy and after delivery as well as exercising throughout all her own pregnancies .
Cherry is renowned in the industry for her sense of humour and user friendly approach to health and exercise .