Getting a good night's sleep is essential.
If you have insomnia, it can affect your entire life, because if you cannot sleep, you cannot function.
This short course explains the issues that can occur from insomnia and offers many solutions to overcome the condition and lead a healthier, happier life.
Friday 19th May 2017
10am - 1pm
- We describe what insomnia is, and the causes of it,
- The effects of sleep deprivation and chronic stress,
- Therapies that you may find useful to get a good night's sleep.
What will you learn?
- We will look briefly at the 4 different brain waves and how they effect our rest and sleep
- The stages of sleep we go through each night,
- What happens to our bodies when we have an inadequate amount of sleep.
- How to get a good night's sleep?
- Foods and drinks that disturb our sleep,
- Food and drinks that help,
- Techniques to aid a successful nights sleep,
- Quick stress relief tips to calm down before bedtime.
This course is perfect for anyone who struggles to get to sleep, has a different sleep routine weekly (ie shift workers), anyone who lives on a busy road or where noise can be a problem.
Lack of sleep negatively affects us all, and getting a good night's sleep is vital.
£25, plus your own 'Sleep Soundly' kit:
- Better Sleep DIY Guide
- Free Neal's Yard Remedies Lavender Essential Oil
- Guided Relaxation Audio Download